With budgets being slashed, watch out for these warning signs
COMPANY HEALTH PLANS are being cut back all over the world. From what I hear from readers, managers are using “trimming” techniques inspired by the game Total Carnage.
After hearing several horror stories about the horrors of low budget in-house clinics, I reckon the announcement that employees of big companies need to watch out will go something like this:
If the above sounds like the in-house clinic at your workplace, take it as an incentive to stay healthy.
ON AN UNRELATED topic, befuddled actor Clint Eastwood recently yelled at a chair, apparently under the impression that it was running the United States.
This is actually not a bad idea.
- Planet Earth has a long history of inanimate objects doing well in politics.
- In 1967, a tin of foot powder was elected mayor of Picoaza, Ecuador.
- In 1997, a puppet called Dustin the Turkey received thousands of votes in a presidential election in Ireland.
- A rural part of New Zealand has had many non-human leaders, including Billy Gumboot the Goat (1999), Tai the Poodle (2003) and Murtle the Turtle (2005 to present day).
- Last year, a sock called Ed the Sock ran during the Canadian federal election.
Here in Asia, Ed the Sock would have WAY more personality than ANY of our leaders.